Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Macros & Landscapes

The following five pictures are my attempt at macro photography. I found macro to be difficult regarding focusing and trying to get a crisp spot focus with blur everywhere else.


Michael, my son, was nice enough to help me out again. Getting a shot of the eyes that I liked took some time. I had to use quite a bit of light in order to make this work. The bigger problem with this shot is that you get a reflection in the eye of the camera and the person taking it.


I really like this picture. I happened to get this one when we went out during class time to shoot. It is of the very end of a pine branch. I like the softness of this picture.


This one was also taken on that same day. It is of one of the yellow flowers in the large flower boxes by the Campus Center entrance. I think it is very close to a crisp focus point with blur on the rest. Michael thought it could be perfect if a bee would have been in the center of it!


I am not fond of the bug on the leaf; however, it displays the crisp focus point with blur, so I thought I would post it.


I know I am well over the three picture requirement, but I thought I would show a different subject. This is my son's favorite snack.


The following pictures are of the landscapes that I found. Again, I have more than the three required because I had an awful time trying to decide which ones to submit.


The falls in this picture is actually only half. This picture was taken at Greenwood Falls in Harrisville. I used a tripod and a slow shutter speed to blur the water. The rain that fell almost the entire week prior to my outing made for a heavier waterfall. Some areas that we normally can get to up above these falls were covered by water.


This picture was taken at High Falls Gorge near Lake Placid. I did work with the colors because in the picture they were more faded then looking at them with your eyes. I like the composition of having the stream lead into the mountain ranges.


This rock formation was located across the road from High Falls Gorge. There is a shadow on the left side of the rock/mountain, but I feel it works in this picture. I had to work with the colors on this photo also. The trees that have lost their leaves tend to stand out in the photos and take away from the brillance of the changed leaves still hanging on. A tripod was used for this picture and the previous one.


I tried something different with this photo. As we walked through the foot bridge trail at High Falls Gorge, I thought it would be neat to take a picture straight up through the tree tops to show what it is like to look from inside the forest out.


I found this tree structure and the next picture's tree structure to be very interesting. This photo was taken at Greenwood Falls.


These tree roots were located on our foot bridge trail hike at High Falls Gorge. People used them for a type of stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment