Sunday, November 7, 2010

Retouching Study

This is an un-edited portrait style picture I took of Luke.



I chose to use a picture of luke for this assignment because, like most guys, doesn't have the best skin. He also has a few scars from hockey. I changed the picture to black and white first because I really like black and white portraits better then colored ones. Then I adjusted the highlights and shadows and increased the contrast so he really stands out from the background. Then I retouched the big scar above his eye and retouched the scar on his bottom lip and retouched the scar on his head. I also touched up the bags under his eyes. Then I added the gaussian blur to add the softer focus to make his skin look a little smoother. I also whitened the white part of his eyes. I am really pleased with the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment