Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Portrait Study

Formal Portraits

This is a picture I took of my friend's baby Blayden. I really like the warm fall colors in his sweater, his hair and the leaves in the background. Baby portraits are my favorite thing to do, so there are a lot of them.

This is a picture I took of another friend's 3 day old baby girl, Payton. I caught her at a good time while she was sleeping. I decided to change this picture to black and white because I think it gives the picture simplicty and a purity to it, which is what comes to mind when I think of newborns


In the Element Portraits

These two pictures are of my friend's 2 year old, Caydince. She was a lot of fun to take pictures of because she had so much energy. I really wanted to capture her upbeat personality and spontaneous ways of a 2 year old.
This is Blayden again playing in the leaves. He was very fancitated with the colors and the blowing of the leaves so it was very easy to get him to smile. I decided to shoot him in the leaves because his hair, the color of his outfit and his boots really make you think of fall.

This is my friend Alika, and this is one of my favorite portraits that I have ever done. It was very hard for me to choose whether to put the black and white or colored picture up. However, I chose the colored picture because her dress really contrasts with the tall grass, however blends nicely with the sky. I had her stand a little off-center and slouch a little while standing to give it a more natural feel. She loves the outdoors so I thought this captured her perfectly.

  Non-Formal Portraits 

This is Blayden again with his mom Tashia. As you can tell, you know where Blayden got his red hair from. I really like Blayden's expression on his face and how he's looking directly at the camera. I think that this picture portrays Bayden and Tashia really well because she's a very loving mother but there's always a little bit of humor with Blayden


This is Caydince again, playing with some sunglasses I bought for these pictures. I think that this is an adorable picture and I really like the fact that she's not looking directly at the camera because it makes her look a little mischievous.





This is Alika again and I really like how laid back and relaxed this picture is. Even though I posed her, it doesn't look very posed. I think that since she's not looking at the camera, it looks very natural.


I'm sure you can tell who my favorite person to shoot is by now. This is Blayden and his mother and he is always holding on to his mother's hair. I decided to shoot at this angle with blayden and Tashia in sharp focus and the background completely blurred out.

No comments:

Post a Comment